Human Resource Management
Effective Spring 2015 we will no longer offer preparation for the PHR® or SPHR® exams and will instead offer preparation for the new SHRM-Certified Professional (CP) and SHRM-Senior Certified Professional (SCP) certification exam. More information about the new certifications can be found at the SHRM certification website.
Recognized for over ten years by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as an affiliated university partner, the Duke Human Resource (HR) Management Program addresses the ongoing challenges of today’s professional by providing preparation training for both the new SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) examinations.
The Duke HR Management (SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification preparation course) is designed primarily for individuals seeking credentials that focus on identifying and testing the knowledge and practical real-life experiences HR professionals around the world need to excel in their careers today.
Earning the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™) credential establishes you as a recognized expert in the HR field. These new certifications recognize that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success.
The SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preparation, used in the Duke program, also features an Online Learning Center, which offers a wealth of supplemental study materials including:
- Assessment – Identify topics you already know and those areas that require more time and attention.
- Tests – Test your situational judgment, knowledge and comprehension with more than 1,000 questions.
- Post-test – Gain experience with the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam format by completing the post-test that mimics the certification exam in style, function, timing and weighted topics.
- Online Resource Center – Download flashcards (printed or online) and access HR updates, related links, feedback feature and more.
Why Choose the Duke HR Management preparation program?
- Taught by certified instructors and industry practitioners
- Experienced in offering Human Resource exam preparation programs for over a decade
- Only SHRM recognized “university” in Raleigh-Durham to offer SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam preparation program
- Provides 18 months of online access to practice exercises/tests from program start date
- Conveniently offered in an evening format in two locations: Durham and Raleigh
- Awards a certificate of completion from Duke University
Who should attend?
- Experienced HR Professionals desiring an exam preparation course for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exams
- HR professionals wanting to enhance their education or to update their HR knowledge
This program is not a substitute for a general course of HR study.
Topics covered are intended for review by experienced HR professionals.