Legal Nurse Consulting - Online
- An active RN license - RN license must be a valid US state or multi-state license. International licenses do not qualify.*
- A recommended minimum of 2000 hours work experience as a nurse
- Recognition/aptitude and comfort level in having to “market/brand” yourself in a consultant role
- Fluency in English
- Computer literacy, internet access, and a valid email account required
- System requirements: A Windows PC (XP or greater) or Mac OSX with 512Mhz processor, 1GB Ram, an internet browser (Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox, Safari or Chrome), and a broadband connection with 768kbps or greater. A pdf reader and Microsoft Word are also necessary for viewing certain documents.
- The online learning software currently is tablet-friendly, however, we do not guarantee that the course will be accessible on all mobile devices.
- Make full payment prior to starting the program
*Any nurse with a license from a US territory must contact the program director before registering.
Please note that the qualifications for our program differ from the qualifications necessary to apply for the LNCC examination.
In order to register, you will need to provide proof of an active RN license. Please have your license number and expiration date available when you register.
Acceptance into the program will be determined once registration is complete, (tuition paid and/or loan certified by our office) and the participant’s RN license status has been verified as active with the applicable state nursing board of residency. Allow five business days from time of completed registration (by close of business on the fifth day, excluding Duke holidays) for such verification to be obtained and any subsequent online access to be granted.
Student will have six months to complete the course from the date of acceptance. Please note that the “date of acceptance” is considered the day on which the log in information is sent via email from our office to the student (by close of business within five business days of completed registration, excluding Duke holidays).
Once log in information is sent, the student can begin viewing lectures immediately; however, some materials, including a case study, will be sent to the student by mail, and the first assignment cannot be completed until those materials are received.
- REGISTER ONLINE with our secure, real-time registration system (Mastercard/Visa only). Please go to the Course Details page, add the course to your shopping cart and follow the instructions for checking out.
- Call our registration office at 919-684-6259 or 866-edu-duke.
Books must be purchased separately. Please see Tuition for more details.
For information on alternative payment options including student loans, please see our funding sources page.
There are no refunds for the Online Legal Nurse Consulting program and extensions will not be granted. Students will have 6 months to complete the program. As this program is only 13-14 weeks in duration for the traditional classroom setting, a six-month window to complete the online program is deemed as sufficient for any student. No exception to the six-month completion rule will be granted.
Registration questions? 919-684-6259 or toll free at 866-edu-duke