In this 3 hour course, students will learn about the process of selecting the best candidate from a large, diverse pool of high-quality applicants. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management, the course discusses how to conduct an effective job interview, asking questions that elicit relevant information, and avoiding questions that might be seen as discriminatory. Students will also consider how to discover more about a candidate through the use of reference checks, background checks, and testing.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Conduct an effective job interview
- Analyze a candidate pool and identify the most qualified candidate given a job description and requirements
- Decide what additional tests—if any—should be administered to candidates for a specific job
- Deal productively and sensitively with internal candidates for a job opening
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Human Resources CE - Online : Applicable Courses