This 3 hour course considers the different elements of performance management. In its broadest sense, "performance management" is what every good manager does every day: Makes sure employees know what they need to do to achieve the organization's goals, checks to make sure the employees are doing those things, praises employees for doing the right things, and uses constructive criticism when that is not the case. A formal performance management system simply makes sure all those management tasks get done consistently across an organization.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the value of a performance management system
- Discuss the pros and cons of various types of performance management systems
- Conduct a performance management interview
- Design a performance improvement plan
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Human Resources CE - Online : Applicable Courses