Course DescriptionThis course is a great opportunity to learn the basics of painting with watercolors for those who have always wanted to try it. Students will learn about paint, paper glazing, painting wet-in-wet, color mixing, controlling edges, negative painting, saving whites, masking, producing various textures, composition, values, and more. Hands-On-Art.
- From an art supply store (the instructor highly recommends www.jerrysartarama.com):
- Paper—Arches #140 cold press, at least 10”x14”. The cost is dependent on the quantity purchased, but figure $40 for paper. $2 will buy one 11”x15” sheet from the instructor.
- Brushes—at least three synthetic-bristle brushes (#14 and #8 round, 1” flat). Cost will be about $35.
- Paints—Tube paints are preferred. Lukas brand colors: magenta red, cyan blue, lemon yellow, sap green, violet, cadmium orange hue, burnt sienna, indigo, burnt umber. Cost is about $4 per 10ml tube.
- Palette—A white plastic plate is okay, but one with wells and cover is preferred. Cost for a larger palette is around $25.
- Water containers
- Viva paper towels
- Roll of toilet paper
- Board, to back paper
- Masking tape
- Small spray bottle
- #2 pencils
- Kneadable eraser
- Paper for drawings
Please note: If you want the instructor to supply a starter kit (paper, paint, brushes) for you for $45, please e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you know you are registered in this class. Please bring the exact amount to the first class; refunds will be at the discretion of the instructor.