IMAGINE . . . Leading by Example!
Grades: 9 – 11 (2012-2013 academic year)
Dates: July 7 - July 19, 2013
Residential campers: $1,995
Day Campers: $955
- Examine what it means to be a citizen
- Deepen your knowledge of the importance of public leadership and civic responsibility
- Develop a more fervent, lifelong commitment to public service
- Examine your own ethical and moral beliefs and develop an appreciation of views that are different from your own
- Acquire skills to organize, direct and enact change in your school, community, nation and the world
"Duke IMAGINE 2010 challenged a group of teenagers to defy the stereotype that they do not care about the world. The inaugural class of Duke IMAGINE 2010 was asked to envision themselves as leaders at the community, state, national, and global levels by raising their collective awareness of the world in which they live. We could not have asked for a better group to establish and start Duke IMAGINE. The work they did during the two weeks became the foundation of this program. Through seminars about immigration and foreign policy, education and mass media, students were pushed to be aware, and finally, to create a reasonable solution to a problem of their own choosing, according to their individual passions. Along the way they made great friends and contacts, collaborated on and debated issues, and most importantly, learned about the talents, inner strength, and potential each of them had. We’re confident that this experience prepared them for leadership roles and responsible citizenship in their lives. "
-- Eli Seed, Academic Director of Duke Imagine 2010