Welcome to our Visiting Student Application for Duke Summer Session!
(If you are a Duke Alumni, Duke Employee, or Duke Graduating Senior, please fill out this application.)
When you add this application, you will be prompted to create an account in our system. If you have any technical problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist you.
- Term 1 application due by April 21
- Term 2 application due by June 14
Your Summer Session application is considered complete and ready for review when you have submitted the following:
- The completed application
- An official transcript from your undergraduate institution
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
Before beginning the Summer Session application, please know the following information:
- Do you intend to be a completely remote student, or do you plan to live on the Duke campus?
- The course or courses you wish to take. Select your course(s) by carefully reviewing the course schedule on DukeHub.
Once your Summer Session application is complete and has been reviewed, we will e-mail your admission decision. This will include a confirmation letter and fee statement if your application is approved.
Important Notes about Course Selection:
- Not all courses on the schedule are open to summer visitors. For example, courses that are associated with the Medical School, Nursing, Fuqua School of Business, Divinity School are not available. It can be hard to determine and we will communicate with you if you need to select a different course. The academic departments that appear on the Projected Course Schedule are a useful guide, but please do not use this to select your course. It is not always up-to-date and does not show whether a course is online or remote. It can be a useful reference before you look at DukeHub.
- Carefully review course meeting pattern details. If you do not plan to come to Duke please be sure that the course you select is entirely online. Note that some courses may have a lecture that is online, but a lab or discussion section that is in person.
- Look for course pre-requisites. We will review your transcript for required pre-requisites.
Important Information if you are an International Student:
NOTE: International Students will only be admitted to take remote courses for Duke Summer Session term 1. International students who want to attend Duke in-person in Term 2, and require a visa document from Duke, must enroll in 2 courses and 1 must be in-person. Though we would welcome your presence at Duke this summer, we do not encourage the in-person option. We are not optimistic about the chances of getting your visa in time.