The Executive Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership is a comprehensive program that offers experienced nonprofit professionals the opportunity to increase their capacity for effective entrepreneurial leadership through applied theoretical studies, executive skills training, and reflective practices in an interactive learning environment.
Through this innovative curriculum, participants will:
- Develop a greater mastery of leadership skills and increase their confidence in applying these effectively in the nonprofit workplace
- Gain an awareness of emerging trends in the nonprofit sector, including social entrepreneurship, earned income ventures, and the evolving legal landscape
- Master reflective practices that enhance communications, foster understanding, and lead to results
- Develop skills to regain balance, remaining centered in the face of complexity and chaos
- Enhance their network through an expanded leadership cohort of peers drawn from across the country
- Create a personal leadership plan to use their refined skills to take action on changes they wish to make in their organizations and communities
- The Executive Certificate is open to those who hold the Certificate in Nonprofit Management and have 3 years of senior management experience.
- It is also open to persons not holding the Certificate in Nonprofit Management but who have 5 years of senior management experience.
- Prospective students must apply and be accepted before registering for the Program.
How to Apply
Use this online application or apply with a paper application and mail it with your résumé, letter of reference, and brief personal statement to:
Campus Box 90708
Durham, NC 27708-0466
(Tip: If you would like to apply online and already have a student account with Duke Continuing Studies, we recommend you retrieve your username and password first by going to the student portal and following the prompts. Then proceed with the online application. If you have questions about applying online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)