In an increasingly competitive global marketplace, not only are the forces of business model disruption and product commoditization a constant threat, they also have exposed the urgent need for “innovating everywhere” for businesses to remain relevant and viable. Whether you represent product management, design, delivery, or marketing, today’s Innovation Center is in fact “you”; and you can, and need, to start innovating today. Whether you think of yourself as “creative” now (or not), this course Design Thinking and Innovation can provide you with a human-centered iterative development process, behaviors, and mindset. This approach can help you become a keener observer of opportunity, a more prolific creator, and an increasingly focused problem solver. In addition, Design Thinking is a portable methodology that you can apply to any part of your business and you can be an active agent on the road to innovating everywhere.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to take this class
- Participants must be fluent in English (including reading and writing)
Refund and Cancellation Policy
To submit a cancellation request:
- Include your name, address, phone number, and course title to be dropped.
- Cancellation notices received at least two weeks in advance of the course start date will be refunded at 75%, minus a $100 processing fee.
- Cancellation notices received at least one week in advance of the course start date will be refunded at 50%, minus a $100 processing fee.
Should the program be canceled for any reason at the discretion of Duke University, tuition paid will be refunded to the individual who made the original payment.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Design Thinking and Innovation: A Personal Toolkit for Action : Required Course