The Duke Creative Writers' Workshop (CWW) is an intensive writing experience. In many ways it resembles a college-level creative writing course. Each participant designs and pursues a project under the mentorship of a primary instructor, and with the support of a peer group, for the duration of the Workshop – for example, a collection of poems, a short story or screenplay, or a one-act play. CWW instructors are practicing writers with advanced degrees in fiction, poetry and play writing, and the participants bring to the program an already deep and defined commitment to writing. This is a close, supportive environment. Constructive feedback and criticism are the bedrock of the CWW experience.
- Improve your skills in a community of advanced writers
- Individual consultation with instructors
- Select an instructor who best matches your genre and learning style
- Share your work with your peers for support and feedback
- Daily time for reflection, recreation, and socializing
To check availability in the camp for the appropriate category of camper, click on the exclamation point next to the appropriate course fee (example: Day Camper - Fee).