Course DescriptionThis course covers management best practices for leading a nonprofit organization. You will gain an understanding of the nonprofit sector and the issues that leaders face in this exciting and growing field. You will also be exposed to the major areas of responsibility for nonprofit leaders, including strategy, managing employees, fundraising, grant writing, board governance, and marketing and social media.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the purpose and structure of the nonprofit sector
- Describe the governance of nonprofits, including the types of boards and the relationship between boards and executive directors
- Explain how nonprofits establish their vision and strategic direction
- Describe the nonprofit leadership role and what it entails
- Discuss servant leadership
- Outline key ethical issues faced by nonprofits
- Discuss how nonprofits managers handle staff and volunteers
- Outline the key financial issues facing nonprofits
- Describe the key legal issues facing nonprofits
- Discuss the importance of marketing and communication for a nonprofit
- Explain the basics of nonprofit fundraising
- Outline the grant writing process
- Discuss the growing importance of social media for nonprofits
- Define and explain social entrepreneurship and social innovation
- Outline methods for assessing nonprofit performance
- Discuss trends impacting nonprofits now and in the future
Within five (5) business days after we receive your registration request for an online course, you will receive an email with the details needed to get started, including your username and password. Participants must login within 30 days upon receiving their username and password. Participants may apply a maximum of 12 hours of online courses towards the Nonprofit Management Certificate. Online Courses must be completed within six months of registration.
There are no refunds for online courses.
To demo online courses, visit: http://dukenp.mindedgeonline.com/acl.php?A5D01A31
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management : General Electives