This program, created in affiliation with MindEdge, is inclusive of all topics covered by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification. This program prepares students for the MindEdge Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Exam and provides information to those interested in learning about Six Sigma processes.
Six Sigma is a management approach meant to improve the quality of products or services by eliminating the variation that causes of defects and errors and dates back from the mid- 1980s. Six Sigma seeks processes where outputs are 99.9997% statistically free from defects.
The methodology of six sigma has two sub-divisions. They are DMAIC & DMADV. The former is used to improve an existing business process, while the second one is used either for creating a new product or for process designs for predictable and defect free performance. By DMAIC it means giving importance to defining, measuring, analyzing, improving and controlling a process to meet its better quality. The implementation of the six sigma methodology, helps in providing a logical sequence for existing concepts and the problem solving tools, by sufficient repackaging of the tools and concepts.
Why choose the Duke Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate program?
- Comprehensive curriculum vetted by Black Belts and Master Black Belts
- Inclusive of all topics covered by IASSC (International Association for Six Sigma Certification)
- Offered entirely online and self-paced
- Mentored by a Six Sigma Master Black Belt professional
- Includes email access and video conference office hours with the mentor
- Six Sigma is viewed as a “New Culture” within many organizations
- Allows eight months to complete the program
- Awards a certificate of completion from Duke University
- Qualifies students for the MindEdge Six Sigma Green Belt exam
The online Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate program is comprised of the following ten modules:
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- The Define Stage
- The Measure Stage
- The Analyze Stage
- The Improve Stage
- The Control Stage
- Six Sigma in Action
- Six Sigma Tools and Concepts
- Preparing for the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Exam
- Practice Exams
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate Program : Required Course