Well-led meetings help organizations improve planning, encourage collaboration, and manage conflict. In this interactive course, we will cover effective meetings start to finish: clarifying roles and responsibilities of group members, developing clear objectives, setting practical agendas, and establishing outcomes. In addition, we will:
- Take a broad look at group dynamics, meeting planning and facilitation skills
- Explore the importance of facilitator neutrality, and practice creating space for productive brainstorming
- Discuss the importance of setting boundaries, asking facilitative questions, and establishing agreement around the meeting process
- Learn alternatives to majority voting, and improve your toolkit for tapping into group wisdom and building consensus.
You will leave with adaptable tools to maintain focus, encourage buy-in, build consensus and accomplish group goals in common situations that nonprofit leaders encounter.
Former course title: "Facilitation for Nonprofit Leaders."
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management : General Electives