Students will need to purchase a $25.00 kit (which contains everything they will need) from the instructor.
For the 6 week Zentangle session the following classes will be included:
1. Introduction to Zentangle: This two hour workshop is a basic introduction to the Zentangle drawing method. Students will learn the history and philohophy of Zentangle, the applications and the steps of creating an original Zentangle tile. At least 9 'tangles' (patterns) will be taught.
2. Renaissance Zentangle Tiles: During the Renaissance a drawing technique called Chiaroscuro emerged in the fine art world. These types of drawings were done on subtly colored or toned paper, usually gray or tan. Using the paper as a neutral starting point, the artist would then use white pencil or paint to work towards light or to create highlights and then use black ink and pencil to work towards dark or create shading. This class will introduce how the Zentangle Method and components of this Renaissance drawing technique come together. Students ill become familiar with the techniques that will give their work that recognizable Renaissance look and feel. Working on Zentangle Tan Tiles, students will use brown, black and white pencils to create shadows and highlights.
3. Class three: Black tiles, white ink and WOW! In this class, you'll learn a technique that uses black tiles and white ink. You'll also learn how to apply some color, sparkle and a special "glow" effect.
4. Zendala (Round) Tiles: Zentangle in the round! The geometric flow and circular structure of mandalas seemed to invite the use of the Zentangle Method. It was so natural that the two met to create this beautiful hybrid. The round Zentangle tiles can be approached two different ways. You can take a blank tile and use it similarly to a square tile be creating a string and filling it with tangles. The second way would be to use a pre-cut template which are provided.
5. Colored "Zen-Gems": This is the famous Zentangle "Zen-Gem" class where you'll learn how to create those dazzling "Zen-Gems". You'll learn new ways to use colored pencils to achieve various effects.
6. Additional Tangles! Learn many more tangles! Some advanced tangles and some that are just fun to learn!