HRCI credits: 1
Estimated Hours to Complete: 3-5
Access: 30 days
Preventing Sexual Harassment provides a guide for managers for recognizing sexual harassment and unlawful discrimination in the workplace and for responding to and resolving complaints. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the EEOC definition of sexual harassment in the workplace
- Describe the differences between quid pro quo harassment and hostile work environment harassment
- Outline what constitutes "unwelcome conduct" from a legal perspective
- Explain how managers can detect the signs of hostile work environment
- Discuss the stages of a sexual harassment investigation
- Understand best practices for preventing sexual harassment
Please note: this course covers the basics of preventing sexual harassment but is not meant to provide legal advice. If you need legal advice or other expert assistance, we recommend that you seek the services of a professional.