The Certificate Program in Legal Nurse Consulting is for registered nurses (RN) who are interested in applying their medical skills and expertise to the legal field. The program's objective is to prepare registered nurses (RN) to perform analysis of health care issues and their related outcomes for the legal profession or other health care organizations.
Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible for up to 42 contact hours. The program has been approved for contact hour credits by the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
All registrants must have an active US state or multi-state registered nurse license.
- Recommend a minimum of 2000 hours of work experience as an RN
- Recognition/aptitude and comfort level in learning to "market/brand" yourself in a consultant role
- Fluency in English (including reading and writing)
- Computer literacy, internet access, and valid email account required
- Payment of tuition in advance of program start (except in a case where a loan payment may be received from an agency after the start of the program). Payments can be made via MasterCard, Visa, American Express, personal check, loan or cashier’s check/money order
* Please note that the qualifications for our program differ from the qualifications necessary to apply for the LNCC examination.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Legal Nurse Consulting : Required Course