College Admissions Seminar & Workshop Series
Do you want the inside scoop on what colleges are looking for in that daunting college admissions process? Through a dynamic series of synchronous and asynchronous sessions, Duke Summer Session’s online College Admissions Seminar & Workshop Series gives you strategies from experts in the college advising field. Our comprehensive approach will guide you through the most critical aspects of the college admissions process: completing the Common App, preparing college essays, creating activity and achievement inventories, establishing residency, applying for scholarships and financial aid, and planning successful campus visits!
A series of 10 intensive sessions will address the most significant college admissions topics through both seminars and breakout workshops. You will participate in class discussions during your first session each day, then work independently on action items. During second daily synchronous sessions, you will attend small group breakout workshops. Your college admissions counselor will provide direct, individualized feedback on your completed action items. At the conclusion of the College Admission Seminar & Workshop Series, you will have:
- Completed student sections of the Common Application
- Composed a college admissions essay
- Created an activity and achievement inventory
- Developed strategies for successfully planning campus visits
- Established residency
- Put your mind at ease during this academic year by taking the first step in your college journey at Duke Summer Session’s College Admissions Seminar & Workshop Series!
This course is open to rising 11th graders & 12th graders