If a course is already filled, a waiting list is usually available instead. If you are interested in placing your name on the waiting list, follow the checkout instructions to do so. If a space becomes available, a registration staff member will call you and ask if you are still interested. If you are interested, registration staff can take your payment information over the phone and complete your registration at that time.
The Developing Leaders course is designed to equip mid-level managers and leaders of leaders with the skills to navigate both today’s challenges and tomorrow’s uncertainties. Through multiple formal and informal learning opportunities, the leadership cohort will work collaboratively to tackle real business problems head-on; apply best practices in leading change and driving execution; and enhance foundational skills of communication, decision making, and building trust. Beginning with a 360 assessment, this learning journey will lead participants toward increased self-awareness, mental agility, and interpersonal effectiveness, while enhancing their ability to achieve sustainable business results.
- Equip leaders to better navigate both today’s challenges and tomorrow’s uncertainties.
- Lead participants toward increased self-awareness, mental agility, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Enhance the ability to achieve sustainable business results.
Curriculum & Course Details
- Pre-Program Assessment
- Six Virtual Learning Sessions
- Three Self-Paced “Bridge” Learning Assignments
- One Individual 1-1 Coaching “Launch” Session
Program Topics and Activities
Learning Session 1: The X Factor: Honing and Owning Your Leadership Style (instructor-led virtual session, 4 hours)
- Key Strengths and Development Priorities
- Personal Leadership Map
- Crafting and Communicating a Vision
- Building Alignment
- Championing Execution
Self-Paced Assignment (20 minutes)
Learning Session 2: Communicating with Intention and Impact (instructor-led virtual session, 3 hours)
- Attunement and Presence
- Active Listening in a Virtual Environment
- Tailoring and Targeting Your Message
- Asking Powerful Questions
- Clarifying Intention
- Communicating “Up”
Learning Session 3: Enhancing Team Culture and Performance (instructor-led virtual session, 3 hours)
- The Bedrock of Trust
- Team Culture: Core Values and Guiding Principles
- Co-Creating a Team Charter
- Psychological Safety and Candid Conversations
- Empowering and Developing Your Team
- Engaged Feedback
Self-Paced Assignment (20 minutes)
Learning Session 4: Managing and Leading Change (instructor-led virtual session, 3 hours)
- Global Best Practices in Change Management
- Fostering Change Agility
- Unpacking Resistance
- Accountability and Ownership
- Building Personal and Team Resilience
- Continuous Learning
Learning Session 5: The ABCs of Decision Making (instructor-led virtual session, 3 hours)
- ABC Decisions: Agile, Balanced, Contextual
- Making Decisions in a VUCA Environment
- Cognitive Bias – Thinking Fast and Slow
- Decision-Making Models and Techniques
- Types of Group Decisions
- Inclusive Decision Making
Self-Paced Assignment (20 minutes)
Learning Session 6: Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving (instructor-led virtual session, 3 hours)
- The Connection Between Critical and Creative Thinking
- Defining the Right Problem
- Root Cause Analysis
- Generating Alternatives
- Catalytic Questioning and the Path to Innovation
- Implementing Solutions
One-on-One Laser Coaching
One-on-one laser coaching launch session (30 minutes)
Developing LeadersDeveloping Leaders is intended for leaders of leaders and mid-level managers.
The Developing Leaders Learning Journey is carefully designed to equip leaders with the skills to navigate both today's challenges and tomorrow's...
Sep 21, 2021 to Oct 7, 2021
Tu 9:00AM - 1:00PM
Tu,Th 9:00AM - 12:00PM
|Management Training - Virtual Classroom||$2,195.00||Enrollment Closed|
- Fluency in English (including reading and writing)
- Understanding that curriculum is based upon US laws and/or practices
- Registration complete
- Tuition paid in full or loan tuition amount certified and received prior to program start
- Computer literacy and comfortable with “live” (virtual) online learning
- Have an email account and regular access to the internet and a computer, with both microphone and camera abilities. Students must have the means to both hear and speak to the instructor and other students during class time.
Admission is discretionary. CEG/Duke University Management Training programs require students be at least 18 years of age and meet minimum suitability standards. Students are not matriculated Duke University students and university student privileges do not apply to CEG/Duke University Management Training programs students. CEG/Duke University Management Training programs reserve the exclusive right, at their sole and absolute discretion, to withhold registration or require withdrawal from the program of any student or applicant.
After completing the certificate program, fulfilling the course requirements and passing post-course exams, participants receive a grade status and certificate of completion jointly issued by CEG/Duke University Management Training Programs.
Requests for transcripts should be directed to CEG at firstname.lastname@example.org
1.800.288.7246 (US only)
Certificates are of non-credit status and therefore do not apply toward a degree.
Students intending to enroll in the program must have:
Computer (IBM Compatible PC or Apple Macintosh) with both microphone and camera capabilities. Students must have the means to both hear and speak to the instructor and other students during class time.
- Internet Access
- Internet Browser (Google Chrome is preferred)
- E-mail (personal versus a company email to avoid firewall issues)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Office Word or other word processing software
Schedule & Registration
Courses take place Tuesday and Thursday
September 21st, 23rd, 28th, 30th and October 5th, 7th, 2021
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (Virtual class)
Exception: the first session on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 held from 9:00am to 1:00 pm EST
- Register Online using a credit card with our secure, real-time registration system. Add the course to your shopping cart and follow the instructions for checking out.
- Register by Phone at 919-684-6259 during our business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm EST) to register.
Tuition & Funding Sources
Duke Employee Discount
- $100 off the fee of $2195*
- Duke employee pays fee of $2095
- Student must register and pay tuition in full prior to the program start date in order to reserve space in the program for that term.
*Discount must be requested and applied by our registration team and cannot be applied in addition to any other discount that may be offered. Contact email@example.com for assistance. You may be asked to verify your status as a Duke employee.
Do you have a group (Duke or non-Duke entity) interested in training? Contact Dee Holland (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Many companies will reimburse employees for educational expenses. Contact your manager or HR department for more information.
Policies & Procedures
Notice of cancellation, (which occurs prior to the beginning of a program or course) and withdrawal, (which occurs after the beginning of a program or course) should be conveyed via email to the organization which processed the registration initially: Corporate Education Group (CEG) or Duke Continuing Studies (DCS). This notification email should include the first and last name used to register for the course/program, the title of the course/program, start date and the reason for cancelling or withdrawing.
Refunds, if applicable, are issued by the organization which originally processed the registration, paid only to the recipient who originally purchased the course/program and credited to the original source of payment.
For Instructor-led classroom-based or Virtual programs:
Refunds for cancellations or withdrawals from instructor-led classroom-based or virtual programs will be made to REGISTRANT on a per course basis in accordance with the following refund schedule:
- If REGISTRANT cancels more than 14 calendar days prior to the Start Date, all monies will be refunded.
- If REGISTRANT cancels between 14 and 7 calendar days prior to the Start Date, 25% of the course cost will be retained.
- If REGISTRANT cancels less than 7 calendar days prior to the Start Date, an amount equal to 50% of the course cost will be retained.
- If REGISTRANT withdraws after their Start Date, but prior to the midpoint of the program’s scheduled hours, an amount equal to 75% of the course cost will be retained.
- If REGISTRANT withdraws at or after the midpoint of the program’s scheduled hours, 100% of the course cost will be retained.
Notwithstanding the foregoing refund schedules, if REGISTRANT cancels this Registration Agreement within three (3) business days of its execution, exclusive of Saturday, Sunday, and holidays, he or she will receive a full refund of all monies paid, provided such cancellation occurs prior to the Start Date. Refunds will be made within 30 days after it is determined that a registrant has cancelled or withdrawn.
If REGISTRANT cancels or withdraws as a result of being called into active duty in a military service of the United States, he or she will receive a refund of any tuition and refundable fees for the course in which REGISTRANT is enrolled at the time of withdrawal. No refund will be given for any course REGISTRANT has completed.
Cancellation of a course/program by either CEG or DCS entitles the student to a full refund.
For questions, or to send a written notification of cancellation or withdrawal:
Duke Continuing Studies
1-800-288-7246 (US only)/ +1-978-649-8200
Course is Filled / Waiting List
If We Cancel a Course
Sometimes we have to cancel a course that does not meet minimum enrollment, or due to unforeseen events. If that happens, you will receive a full or pro-rated refund. Duke Continuing Studies reserves the right to substitute instructors or change the day a course meets.
Course fees and expenses are sometimes tax deductible. Please consult an accountant concerning this matter. Non-credit programs at Duke Continuing Studies do not generate 1098-T forms, in accordance with the following IRS guideline:
Instructions for Forms 1098-E and 1098-T published by the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, states “You do not have to file Form 1098-T or furnish a statement for: Courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program…”