The Duke Certificate in Legal Nurse Consulting virtual classroom program was created in collaboration with local legal nurse consultants in 2009. Both parties recognized not only the demand for qualified LNC professionals, but the need for a quality introduction training program that would effectively address this need.
The Duke LNC program is divided up into six teaching modules. All of the instructors are licensed RN’s and have worked in an LNC capacity for either a law firm, a healthcare organization, or as an independent entity.
What are the objectives of the Duke Program?
The objective of the Legal Nurse Consulting program is to introduce the registered nurse (RN) to the performance analysis of health care issues and their related outcomes for the legal profession or other health care organizations in a variety of settings.
Building on the nurse’s education and clinical experience, this program will highlight some of the practical skills and legal knowledge necessary to function in the legal arena. Additionally instructors will discuss the LNC role in the greater community and what is involved in working as a consultant.
Who should attend?
- Registered Nurses with an active license* interested in
- broadening their scope of practice
- learning more about the application of law to medicine and health related services
- developing a career as a consultant utilizing years of clinical experience as a nurse
- Registered Nurses with an active license* interested in becoming Legal Nurse Consultant Certified (LNCC)**
**This program is not a review program for the certification exam