In order to fully participate in Duke Pre-College Programs for High School, in addition to the Minimum Requirements listed below, you will need:
- access to an email account for essential communications for your course.
- speakers or headphones to hear instructors during live meetings, and a microphone to participate—a webcam is required for online courses.
Minimum requirements for both Duke Pre-College Middle School and High School Programs
These technical requirements apply to all Duke Pre-College online and hybrid courses for high school students. They also apply to Middle School student programs.
- Computer running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 or newer
- Mac OSX 10.10 or newer
- Access only to a mobile device will not be suitable for fully participating in Duke Pre-College Programs online or hybrid.
- 1 GB RAM available
- 2 GHz or faster processor
- Consistently reliable internet with at least 2k kbps available bandwidth
- Chrome browser, latest two versions, with cookies enabled
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, free to download.
- Reliable access to Google and the Google domain.
If you encounter difficulties with accessing you course, live meetings, online resources, or other technical materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for High School classes or email@example.com for Middle School classes.
If you are having difficulty with hardware or with software unrelated to Duke Pre-College Online or Hybrid, you will need to seek technical assistance from the computer or software manufacturer.